Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it's been so long since i heard your voice, I've missed you.


"i'll think of you, even in the busiest moment of my day."

"Beyond the boundaries of your city's lights,
Stand the heroes waiting for your cries.
So many times you did not bring this on yourself,
When that moment finally comes,
I'll be there to help.
On that day when you need your brothers and sisters to care,
I'll be right here.
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair.
Standing on guard for the ones that we sheltered,
We'll always be ready because we will always be there.
When there are people crying in the streets,
When they're starving for a meal to eat,
When they simply need a place to make their beds,
Right here underneath my wing,
You can rest your head.
On that day when you need your brothers and sisters to care,
I'll be right here!
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair.
Standing on guard for the ones that we sheltered,
We'll always be ready because we will always be there.
Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown.
On that day when you need your brothers and sisters to care,
I'll be right here!
On that day when you don't have the strength for the burden you bear,
I'll be right here!
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair.
Standing on guard for the ones that we sheltered,
We'll always be ready because we will always be there."


I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day.
There are men & women who put
their lives on the line for our country each and every single day. They sacrifice their lives so that we can live in peace. Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to feel at ease with life when your whole world may be crashing, and these (and many, many other) soldiers give us the chance to feel that.
Now, these are the only three that are truly close to my heart, but there are many, many more. Although they are gone, and I miss them, I know that what they are doing is a selfless thing, and I am so proud. I am proud to call them all my friends, and I am proud of what they have decided to do.


"Our flag gracefully sways in the breeze at half mast,
The Eagle symbol of America freedom weeps,
Terrorist have stormed our gates giving us reflections of fear,
We stand at attention strong one union steadfast.
We will mourn our dead who gave their life for freedom,
And tend to our wounded but we will never surrender!
The stars and stripes will long wave overhead in proud glory,
Our soldiers brave and fearless, will fight and never be tiresome.
Our country is knitted together with an invisible unending thread,
From Ocean to Ocean, dawn to dusk inspires us to spring forward,
Children are our future and hold our aspirations, we must keep them safe,
Our leaders congregate, conspire, enforce, leave nothing unsaid.
The America people a rare breed with deep roots that anchor,
The blood of our Pioneers flows amply through our veins as templates,
We are not defined by our past but our preparation for the future,
Terrorism will be stamped out and freedom will rise to conquer."
-Belinda L McCormick

1 comment:

Kristie Boykin said...

Julianna, you write beautifully! Thanks for you words about all three men...that's right...they are men now. I, like you, am so proud of each one of them. They have always been true leaders and I know they will go far and make great leaders of our troops!