Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I wanna be runnin' when the sand runs out.

This post won't be easy. It won't be easy because everyone who reads it will probably mis-interpret the entire thing, taking it out of proportion, and then ask me about it. Quite frankly, I write this for my own being. I write it to help me, and maybe through helping myself it will also help you.

My eyes are open wide
By the way I made it through the day.
I watch the world outside,
By the way
I'm leaving out today.
I just saw Haley's Comet,
she waved;
Said, "Why are you always running in place?"
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere
Tell my mother, tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize this is my life,
I hope they understandI'm not angry,
I'm just saying -
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance
Please don't cry one tear for me
I'm not afraid of what I have to say
This is my one and only voice
So listen close, it's only for today
Here is my chance,
This is my chance.
Tell my mother, tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize this is my life,
I hope they understandI'm not angry,
I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.

You know I would do anything for that person, because they have always been there for me. Even during the "dry spell" they've been there, whole-heartedly. I cannot give enough back to them, and they deserve the best. You, on the other hand, take full advantage of what you've got. You do not realize how proud you should be to have someone that special in your life to love you, care for you, want you, need you, etc. It tears me up to see the way they are treated on a daily basis. This person would literally go to the moon & back a million times for you, not think twice about it, and NOT ask for anything in return. You've just driven them so far away that they cannot carry on a simple conversation with you without being hurt by your words. Needless to say, you should be alone, but they still hold on. They hold on because they've always seen the good in you, they've always fought hard for that piece of you that's funny, loving, smart, and somewhat sensitive. That's love. Love is seeing past someone's imperfections, because there is beauty inside of you that no one but this person can see. It's getting foggy though, seeing your beauty, and I don't know how much longer you have until all those imperfections over rule the love they've found in you. I do not, by any means, believe this person is giving up, but if they were -- could you honestly blame them? I can't. It's been done before, and i believe you're in need of a reality check anyway...SOON.
You know what's going to hurt them, yet you still ignore the fact that it IS actually hurting someone (other than yourself). Which brings up anouther problem, your selfishness. What in the world is wrong with you? Have you no conseption of others feelings at all? Do you understand that your actions emotionally break down other people? Does that phase you at all? No. No, no, no. It doesn't, because as long as you're not hurting, pissed off, upset, worried, troubled, sad, or depressed - - NO ONE ELSE SHOULD BE EITHER. That's not the way this person is wired. By now, you know them. You know what they like, and what they don't like. You know what makes them smile, and what brings a tear to their eye. You know what makes them laugh out loud, and what causes them to giggle. You know, better than most people, what they want. Yet, for some reason - you do nothing about it. You don't ever try to do MORE. It's always just mediocre, and if something, someone, or somewhere else comes up on your "schedule" -- you CHOOSE it. Why? Who knows.
What i'm saying is, you should be ashamed. You've taken so much for granted. You're wasting this person's time, and they are a far better person than i'll ever be for putting up with you. That's what you call "tough love", except for you it's easy. It's easy for you because you ignore it. You ignore all the romance, the laughs, smiles, hugs, kisses, wants, needs, and .. all the simple things that make life so beautiful, YOU JUST SIMPLY IGNORE IT.
Sometimes i'd like NOTHING BETTER than to grab you by the shoulders and just shake you until i felt like there had been some sense shaken into somehow. Because this person is so close to my heart, and when they hurt, I hurt. You need to get your act together before it's too late. The sand is running out for you, and instead of running from all of this, you need to stop. You need to stop and realize what means the most to you. What's going to mean the most to you when everyone else walks out? When you wake up tomorrow morning, who's going to be the first one on your mind? What road are you going to choose? We know which way's the easiest, but is that your path - the easy way out?
Because:
What if they're an angel sent here from Heaven,
and they're making certain that you're doing your best
to take the time to help one another, Brother, are you
gonna past that test?
You can go on with your
day-to-day
trying to forget what you saw in their face.
Knowing deep down, you could've been their saving grace..
I'm just saying, your priorities are all out of line. Something's got to happen, fast.

No comments: