Sunday, December 6, 2009

december.

December already? No.....


Clint comes home in a very short amount of time, and i have to say that i'm fairly excited! Ha, complete sarcasm. I'm EXTREMELY excited!
I'll be posting pictures of town soon, all decorated up, so that he can have an opportunity to have a sneak peek before he comes home.

A few good things happened this weekend:

2 photo sessions with two sets of amazing people. They were so much fun to be around. And photogenic as well :)

deer were killed (sorry, all you non-hunting blog readers)
Megan killed her first deer while hunting with Walker. I was pretty proud of her :) She had an encounter with some mice in her chair when they arrived at their field, but needless to say, not even her screaming bothered the deer! Congratulations, Megan! :)
My daddy and I were able go go on a hunt that wasn't on our land. A friend of ours offered to let me hunt on some land where he works. The story is long, and i'm so sleepy right now that I couldn't make it intriguing, but i'll definitely come back soon to try and tell. Anyway, my deer weighed 222 pds; he was an 8 point with 2 kickers -which makes him a small 10 pt.. (you can see them at the bottom of his rack on the left side. There's one above the one that's sticking out, and YES you can hang a ring on it), and only scored 102. He's the biggest one i've killed so far. That matters to me, of course, but what truly matters is that I was able to experience it all with my Daddy. Unforgettable.


Stay tuned! I know i'm absent too often, but i am trying to do better! ;)


No comments: