Monday, February 23, 2009

i'm tangled up in you.

So, lately my blogs have been about what is perfect or imperfect in my life. I should start off by letting you know that in somewhat of a way, I have strayed from leaving the simple things out of my blog. I shouldn't. Those are the things that matter. Right? I'm not feeling very philosophical, so i'll share with you, my new addition. (:


Saturday night my little small dream came true! My first (of hopefully many) betta fishes (yes, they are called fishES not fish') was purchased.

Shea & I went to walmart at almost 9:30 to get it, and I was as happy as a kid who'd just told Santa what they wanted for Christmas. Shea said, "She has smoke comin off of her shoes while she was walking to the fish." - ha!

So, we walked to them, and as I looked, Shea picked one up. It was beautiful. A red one, but when the light hit it just right, it would turn blue. It had long, flowing fins, but to me he looked old. I've gotten to where I can tell, sort of. I've done so much research on these fish, ask anyone. I am really excited about this, and I hope to breed them sometime.
Anyway, he picked the fish up, and i told him that was a great one! I told him to let me check the other shelf, just to make sure. So, i walked to the other side of the aisle, and I spotted him. A yellow betta male, with a black face. He was darting around his "bowl", ful of energy & life.
You're thinking i'm crazy, huh? I am seriously to the point of obsession. I spent all of last week Googling these fish, to make sure that when I got one, it would have the proper care.
Now, i have one of my own to give a happy life to. So far, he seems pleased.


Frankie Earl

I got Marlee out Saturday, while I cleaned my truck out & Daddy tempored some knife blades. She was just as happy as a kid in the candy shop! She was struttin around like she owned the place. She's doing SO well with her retrieving (Thanks to Daddy!) and she loves attention.
I thought about putting her "Life is Good" collar on, but we're gonna save that for her first REAL dove hunt, or something else special like that!
After she'd been out for about an hour, I decided to take her riding. That's one other thing she tends to enjoy a whole lot. So, we rode out through the country before the rain set in. Once we got back, she was glad to hear "Kennel up!" I think she'd had enough for the day!



Mallard Marlee Made

So, there you have it, fellow bloggers. My little family!



Be sure to check out (& comment) Mrs. Kristie Boykin's blog about her journey with Cody & his Army experience. It's an amazing blog that will reach out & grab your heart.
Click to view it. -> www.kristieboykin.blogspot.com

1 comment:

The Manning Family said...

Girl, you know I think the world of you. You are a bright, intelligent hard working young lady and I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit this school year. Does your new addition have a name? Can't wait to follow your journey into beta fish 'mommyhood'! :-)

**And yes, you are absolutely correct, the plural of fish is FISHES!!! GO GIRL!