Friday, August 19, 2011

cheesy summer sweetness :)

I have to share with you my most recent find on "Pinterest". By the way, Pinterest is THE coolest website...ever! It's like a tack-board for online photos that you find and don't want to forget about. You can create different boards (Ex: food boards, clothing boards, decorating idea boards, etc) and then you can go to the photo and it has a direct link to the website that you "pinned" it from. 
Anyway, this post isn't about Pinterest. BUT if you aren't a part of it, and you'd like to be - I will be glad to invite you in! Let me know! 

Okay, so.. It is SO SO hot here in Mississippi, and strawberries are always in the back of my mind when it's hot outside. Granted, I love chocolate covered ones, but we're trying to stick with a diet around here. SO! I was searching through a Weight Watchers website, and I stumbled across these beautiful things that added up to a grand total of 0 points. That may be a slight lie if you eat more than one, but either way...


And yes, they were a lot prettier in the photo done by the website, but hey - they still look edible, right? 

I have to share this with you! 

Here's what you'll need:

1lb of fresh strawberries (our grocery store has the most beautiful ones right now 2 for $4.00)
4oz (fat free) cream cheese
2 1/2 teaspoons of Splenda 
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

*again, this is the WW recipe, if you want the "full affect", you can use regular sugar & cream cheese!


First, wash your strawberries and cut the tops off of them. 


Next, cut out the middle of the strawberries, so your cream cheese filling will have somewhere to sit!


After that, mix together your ingredients listed up top (aside from the strawberries, of course), and spoon it into the "strawberry cup". 

Place it in the fridge to cool for at least thirty minutes!

Viola! 


2 comments:

Grace said...

I"ll have to remember this one! You go girl!!!

Karen said...

sounds yummy~