Friday, January 23, 2009

it's like a river that's so wide, it swallows you whole..

"I'm leaving to go to the house now."

"You are so sweet, just take care of him for me, he needs you."

"I know you can be strong for him,God has put you in his life for a reason."

"He'll open up to you, just be there for him."

"Is your honey going with you?"
"No..she couldn't."
"Then your probably not going to see anything."

"I love me a redhead."

"Is this real, because I'm really hopin it's a bad dream."

"Somebody just please wake me up."

"He loved this song."


You never can believe that a life could be ripped away from you in the blink of an eye. Someone you've grown to love & adore, vanishes, without a chance to say goodbye. A good person, a Christian man. We all wonder why, but we all know that God has His reasons. He is in complete control of what happens here in this old world, and a man is far better off there, than here.

As we exited the truck, oh, the truck. Emotions that I havent felt since two years ao, overwhelmed me. It overwhelmed me to the point of my knees shakin, but I have to be strong. I need to be, for him.
We made our way behind the church, my hand in his, that's where it's belonged for the last few days, we stopped. The agony flew through me like a ton of bricks crashing on my heart. This is so surreal. We walked, we looked, and we cried. The cemetery is a bautiful place at that time of the day, surrounded by trees, it's almost hidden. The sun was turning into a deep orange, pushing light through the trees, and a gentle breeze was blowing. There was no cloud in the sky, it was a beautiful day.
Not being able to comprehend everything that's taken place in the last 72 hours has taken a toll on everyone. You keep believing that you're going to show up, and he'll be there, like he always had been. But, he won't. He'll never be at the door to greet us, at the kitchen table to talk, at the edge of their porch waving, in the shop working, or smiling on the carport again.
This isn't a dream, these things really happen, and..we have to learn to ride the tide; that doesn't mean that I won't miss that man as much as I would if I was kin to him myself.

Please continue to pray for Shea, and his family, your prayers mean more to him than you will ever know.

In loving memory of:
Sammy Clark
January 21, 2009

No comments: