Thursday, March 19, 2009

thinks to myself - - what a wonderful world. <3

Spring Break has been here, and I haven't even thought about my blog. I've been reading others, but not taking heed to the fact that mine was ..being neglected! So, here goes.

Dear you,
i'm confused, unsure, and this is not enjoyable for me.
Please do me a favor & UN-confuse me.
Love,
Me

Thursday:
we had our play (may post pictures at a later date) - it went well, I guess. We all had a pretty good time, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. A lot of complaining went on about the practices & all the other things that come with doing a play, but I believe everyone was happy they had participated. Those are memories we'll always have together. After the play, we stayed at the camphouse in Shuqualak, that's always fun! It's good to get outta town, even if it's still CLOSE - - i'd rather not be TOO far from civilization.

Friday:
NO SCHOOL! It was rainy & gross. We woke up at about 9:00 (yes, believe it or not, no school & still got up fairly early to've stayed up until almost 3) and Hollie and I went to Columbus. We spent most of the day there, ate at the new McAlisters, shopped around, and came back to town. I watched my episode of Greys that I had missed Thursday, and then Shea came to get me. We rode around for the remainder of the day. (Still very nasty outside)

Saturday:
What DID I do Saturday? -- OH! I got up and went to Mimi's, had lunch with her & Mamma. We just lazied around her house for most of the day. Mr. Glenn's birthday was Saturday, so Mrs. Sandra was cooking supper for him. Shea asked me to come & eat, and of course I was excited. I always enjoy the time I have to spend with his family, they've found a special place in my heart -- and we haven't even been dating for very long. I get attached easily, ha ha. We ate pork chops, creamed potatoes, peas, salad, and german chocolate cake. MMMM. Yes, it was great! I got to meet his SWEET grandmother, Mrs. Hardy. We spent some time with them, and left at around 8:30.

Sunday:
Church day. After church, Hollie & I ate lunch (as usual - -would hate to ruin a "tradition") - - at Parade.. That girl LOVES Parade. No need to ask her where she wants to go, on Sundays after church, my vehicle is set on auto-pilot all the way to the Parade parking lot! We enjoyed catching up for awhile, and then she went home, as did I. Shea came over around 3:00, and we watched "The Valley of Light". It is an AMAZING Hallmark movie about a fisherman & a little boy. I enjoyed it, I didn't know he had seen it until halfway through:
"Do you like it?" -me.
"Yeah! I've seen it." -him.
..no kidding? Hmph. -- later, we rode around. Sunday afternoons are soo peaceful, calm, and worryless (if that's even a word). I love them!

Monday:
I cleaned my drawers out, made room for everything, and cleaned my closet (well, the shoes) out too. I always feel better after cleaning, it's just getting up the motivation to actually DO IT that's so hard! Shea came over later, and we just hung around the house with Mamma & Daddy. We watched American Idol. I was VERY impressed by: Danny, Michael, Scott, and Kris Allen. Scott stole my heart from the beginning, as did Danny. Michael's voice (in my opinion) is what country music NEEDS. Kris Allen -- he's just a cutie with a voice; and see ya later, Alexis Grace, I never liked ya anyway!

Tuesday:
I cannot remember Tuesday at all, during the day. I know that I cooked - - - BAKED, actually. Cooking (I guess) would be a "meal" , and baking (I GUESS) would be...desserts? Yeah, well anyway; I baked something like a blonde brownie (aka: blondies) They had: walnuts & white chocolate chips in them. You serve them warm with a maple syrup on top (but I just used caramel) - everyone in my family loved it. Here's what it looks like:

Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Shea told me he "could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and supper, so if this was all I learned to cook - - it would be OK! - - we may have to cut the door a little wider so I can fit in, but hey, whatever works!" (We'll talk about my cooking delima another time.) I know I drove my mother CRAZY in the kitchen, because she was trying to cook supper (and talk me through that) and I was baking -- trying to be conservative of bowls (because I know what it's like for someone to come in the kicthen and use ALL the bowls and expect ME to clean them!) Even though I was driving her bonkers, we enjoyed ourselves. I could get used to being in the kitchen with her.
I went to Hollie's house and helped her clean out her room around 10:45, I left at 12:15.

Wednesday:
Mom wakes me up at 9:00 to clean out one of our garage areas. My grandma Jessie, who died when I was younger, had SO many dishes, SO many knick-knacks, SO much STUFF in her house & most of it ended up in boxes in the garage. Me & Daddy went through a lot of it, and helped Mamma straighten up. I went to Factory Connection (got a cute skirt!), ran some errands for Mamma, and then chilled for the rest of the day. Megan came over & we made a CD. Then, of course, we had to ride around and listen to it! Shea came over, but he couldn't stay too long!

Today:
Today, me & Mamma set off to shop for the day. We had a good day! When I say good, I mean I got: new purse, new shoes (4 pair), 6 skirts, and 4 shirts, and a scarf - - amd some pretty GREAT deals on ALL of it. We spent all day shopping, then we came home and I started baking. Tonight I baked a little thing that i'm going to call "Headache". Not because it was complicated, but because if you ate enough (shoot, you could probably LOOK at it for longer than 10 minutes) you would have a headache - - - from ALL the CHOCOLATE! This one requires: brownie mix, cookie dough mix, chocolate chips, & heavy cream. This is what it looked like:
The family enjoyed this ALSO. Shea said, "I could eat the entire pan." So, 2 things down..Now I just need to start cooking REAL meals.

I guess everyone's got to start somewhere.!

What's next on my "baking agenda"? Hmm.. Maybe..

Chocolate Chip Pie. Yum?

I hope you all have a LOVELY rest-of-Spring-Break!

Other great news, I got the JOY o f seeing Ashia's "little peanut" today, (a sonogram, of course) and it just put a SMILE ON MY FACE! I cannot wait for that sweet baby to be here. (:

If any of you are looking for a good movie to watch, here's my suggestion:

- truly an amazing movie. As a matter of fact, I think i'll go watch it now. Here's the story of the movie. I figured a website could tell it better than me.

[p.s.]
As much as I obsessed, I almost forgot -- TWILIGHT IS COMING OUT TOMORROW AT 12:01!!!! So, yes, of course, as of now, Shea & I are planning to be there to get it, at 12:01. Oh the things he does to steal my heart. (:

2 comments:

Ashia said...

ok several things that i want to say... let me try not to forget any. =)

1. you were the FIRST person (besides ben) to see the picture! =)
2. the baking goodies look AMAZING. i can see myself eating 4 of each. =)
3. change the color of your letters... can't read them with a black background, but love the new background.
4. LOVE the pink purse
5. will i like twilight? i really want to see it, but the thought kinda freaks me out.
6. i'm glad alexis grace went home. next, i hope it's anoop-dog. he gets on my nerves... he's too full of himself.
7. i miss you and hollie. =(

was that enough? =) HA... love you and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the pictures of all of those yummy looking desserts look as pretty as they do in the pictures when you cook them! Haha. and.. another thing.. I just KNEW you were going to say something about Twilight.. I love you!