Sunday, June 20, 2010

just me & you doing what i've always wanted to; i'm the luckiest girl alive..

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall, 
but I know you're not scared of anything at all, 
don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away, 
but I know I had the best day with you today.


"Roses on my shoulders, 
slippers on my feet, 
i'm my daddy's darlin',
don't you think i'm sweet?"


"I'm gonna watch you shine, 
gonna watch you grow.
Gonna paint a sign so you'll always know,
as long as you live
there could never be a father
That loved his daughter more than I love you.."



"Sweet 16 today
She's lookin' like her mama a little more every day
One part woman the other part girl
To perfume and make up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world
But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
You know how much I love you daddy
But if you don't mind
I'm only gonna kiss you on the check this time.."


"Dad, this could be the best day of my life
I've been dreamin' day and night 'bout the fun we'll have
It's just me and you doin' what I've always wanted to
I'm the luckiest [girl] alive
This is the best day of my life.."


Happy Father's Day to my daddy! He is an amazing individual who has always stepped up to the plate and been an amazing rock for our family. He has taught me everything I know about huntin', fishin', playing softball, and trying to be a listener for others. (He's way better at all of those than I am). 


I know all I know about the woods, the outdoors, the weather, and the land because of him. He has been patient with me while he has told me countless times, "Shh! You have to be quiet", or "be still.!" He has untangled my fishin' line from soo many trees, and reassembled it once I broke it off in the water. He has picked up the tee when I knocked it over with the bat, and he has coached me throughout my years, on and off the field. 


There's really no way around avoiding the fact that i AM my daddy's girl. That's not to say that I don't love my mother to death. She, too, has taught me things about the kitchen, house etiquette, and loving people unconditionally. She is one of the strongest women I know as well, and I can't help but think about her on this day. Although, her daddy did visit me in a dream last night, and all I remember is telling him that I loved him. He was in a yellow polo shirt, and we were at church. He hugged me tight, and I woke up. 


I know that each of you who read this have a father in your life, and I can only hope that they've brought as much joy to you as mine has. I'm so thankful for my family each and every day. No matter where you go, how long you stay, or how mad you get, they'll always be there for you - always. 


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Ashia said...

LOVE this!!!! you were such a sweet baby!! love those photos!!!!!!