Saturday, June 12, 2010

the truth, nothing but the truth.

I am SO angry. I really am.


Just today I went to a cook out for some Marine poolee's, and I was so encouraged to see young boys that aspired to be so brave. To me, joining any branch of the military is brave, but being that I know a tad more about the Marines, I was just really proud (ha!) Anyway, while we were there the two SSgt's, GySgt, and the Cpl's talked a little about their lives as Marines. They told how long they'd been involved, where they had traveled, and how good the Corps had been to them. It was a humbling experience for me to be able to see the poolee's faces (and their parents faces) as the Marines spoke. Of course there was fear in their eyes, and nervousness in their parents. BUT, there was pride. Oh, there was so much pride. Not only was I humbled to have been able to see all of that, but I was excited to know that these boys have so much drive. Even after all of their PT's, the only thing they could really say so far about the Corps was "I love it", "There's nothing else I can see myself doing", "I'm having the time of my life". And yes, they ARE just poolee's, and they don't know what to expect (neither do I, and here I am acting like a retired Marine! Ha..um..ANYWAY) I was just happy to have been able to be a part of that.

As soon as I drove out of the small civilian parking lot, I shot Clint a text:
"I love you and I appreciate you. Thank you."

Moving on.

When I got home, mom asked, "What is the Diamond Rio song that's being banned from the radio?"

Huh? I didn't even know Diamond Rio was still a band! (Should I be embarrassed to say that? I mean, it HAS been awhile since i've heard something new from them, so i was FULLY unaware that they were now being BANNED from the radio!.)

Later tonight I googled it, just to see if it was vulger or unnecessary. I am posting the lyrics here:


You place your hand on His Bible, when you swear to tell the Truth



His name is on our greatest Monuments, and all our money too,


And when we Pledge allegiance, there's no doubt where we stand,
There is no separation, we're one Nation under Him.

Chorus:
In God We Still Trust
Here in America
He's the one we turn to every time
The goin' gets rough
He is the source of all our Strength
The One who watches over us
Here in America
In God We Still Trust

Now there are those among us, who want to push Him out,
And erase His name from everything, this country's all about,
From the Schoolhouse to the Courthouse, they're Silencing His Word,
Now it's time for all Believers, to make our Voices heard.

In God We Still Trust,
Here in America
He's the one we turn to every time
The goin' gets rough
He is the source of all our Strength
The One who watches over us
Here in America
In God We Still Trust

Here in America
Here in America
Here in America,

In God We Still Trust
Here in America,

In God We Still Trust
Here in America

...PLEASE take a minute to process this. 

First of all, what did I say I texted Clint earlier? Now, what are we going to have to appreciate in years to come if the government keeps depreciating our military, God, our rights and freedoms, and everything else under the bright yellow sun?

Now, can you honestly believe that? Thomas Jefferson, along with the rest of the Continental Congress would ROLL OVER IN THEIR GRAVE. I could not believe my eyes, and I really blogged about that first paragraph to try and open your eyes to seeing the desire that some Americans still have in their heart. One SSgt said today, "Being here to recruit you all is my way of giving back to the government because for so long the government has been so good to me." Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the government slowly stealing away all pride, hope, future, drive, desire, and reason from full blooded Americans? (By full blooded I mean: God fearing, home-cooked meal lovin', American flag in the yard, yellow ribbon supportin' AMERICANS) 
 What is going to happen is simply this: you take away all you can about what America was founded upon, and you delete it from every learning outlet - - boys and girls are going to grow up into men and women who don't understand how hard it was to win over the free soil that their feet are so happily walking around on. They will have no drive to take part in our nation's military branches, and they won't appreciate what their very own ancestors died for in years prior to the ones they will be living in. 

Oh, I pray that doesn't happen, but as of now, there's really no alternative ending in my eyes. Something needs to happen.





1 comment:

Hollie said...

You so have a way with words!! Every bit of this is so true as well!! :)