Tuesday, June 8, 2010

sweet summertime.


WARNING: Lots of pictures! 

We headed out at 7:30 Sunday morning with worries of oil & rain. Although, I decided to be optimistic about it because I don't get in the ocean water anyway, and this would be an opportunity to photograph a little bit of history. (maybe not good history, but history). We made it across the bridge at around 11:00.
We stopped at Felix's and ate lunch. We started that last year because we had heard so many things about it. IT WAS WONDERFUL last year, and this year didn't disappoint. I promise ya'll that I have randomly thought about their shrimp & grits before. So, of course, that's what I got. :)
I feel like Kelly before she had Harper, always taking pictures of their food when they were out to eat :) BUT.. I did it anyway. Meg got Maui-Maui, mom got Shrimp n' Grits, and Mimi had Grouper and Fried RED Tomatoes!
They were supposed to be GREEN! 


                                                        
Next stop was the "Peach Place" is what I always called it when I was little. They do have amazing peaches, pralines, and brownies! YUMM-O!

Then we checked into our condo (The Enclave) and headed to the Wharf! 


                                         

I love The Wharf. It doesn't feel like you're at Gulf Shores to me; it seems like its own town. We walked around, bought a few things, and then went to the Condo.


this is just the living room, and i won't give a full blown tour of the rest. They all basically look the same to me anyway!



We decided not to go all out on dinner because we had eaten such a big lunch, so we just got poboys here, and "enjoyed" an interesting view. (note the sarcasm in this sentence)



Soft Shell Crab Poboy - mmmmmmmmm. :) Meg had chicken, mom had a shrimp poboy, and mimi had fried mushrooms. We also had stuffed mushrooms, and they were so good! They had crab meat, sausage, and cheese in the middle. YUMM-O!! 




Um, weird? A tad.


fellow beach bum for the week! :)

2 comments:

Hollie said...

JEALOUS!!!! i hope ya'll are having fun! :)

Stephanie Agnew said...

Love your beach blog ya'll all look great and so does the food!