Friday, February 11, 2011

snow again, snow again, jiggity jig.

We had been hearing of snow for around a week, but everyone kind of ignored the fact because last time  we all got our hopes up & it didn't even really snow. 
So, Wednesday I was leaving for class and I checked the weather on my phone.
Then, I checked the weather again (in other words, I called Meteorologist Bob - my daddy).

Sure enough, I was going to snow.

and it did. for awhile. 


So, we ate dinner, watched American Idol, and went outside.


It started with throwing snowballs at Matt, but he got a lead on us when we went inside to put on more clothes. He had a mound of snowballs made once we came back outside. So, we retreated to building a snowman in the front yard.


Our hands were so cold due to lack of gloves, so daddy retrieved these. Really? Surgical gloves? Don't knock 'em till you try them. Our hands weren't cold. 



Hannah, Matthew, and I.


Once we had had enough of snowman building, we decided to set out to get Noah & Nason. They're only two blocks away on a back street, so we loaded up the fourwheeler (literally) and made our way to their house. 


The four wheeler sounded like a great idea until the wind hit my face, and the snow hit me like tiny pellets. 


Not so fun after that. 


Nevertheless, we got the boys and they followed us back on their fourwheeler.


I loved that they came over & spent some time with us.
We were in the snow from around 8 'til 10:30ish.
We got Ruger out, and he loved the snow.


Nason making a snow angel.



Noah was throwing snowballs for Ruger to fetch.


and I got back in on the snowman action.


Nason planning a revenge on Noah, I'm sure.


My favorites :)


again,


and again!


We decided on a cowboy theme for our little dude. And we were out of creative ideas when we found the spray paint. That sufficed for a face.


The gang.


Of course, I couldn't leave my sweet baby out. She whined & whined when Ruger was out, so I let her go for awhile. She didn't quite know what to think about the snow.


She had fun though.



She was in the midst of taking off. Sitting still is not on her list of things to do while she's out!

Enjoy the next few photos of the Mississippi snow.
We got somewhere around 5 inches, maybe.
















And lastly, Noah & Nason's snowdeer!!



Matt also took a notion to wear my socks yesterday while we treated cabin fever by watching Free Willy.
Because Free Willy is a classic, in case you didn't know.



No comments: