Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What have I enjoyed today? / Pioneer Woman Mention...

Thanks for asking!

Reasons that I've enjoyed today:

Today has been beautiful.

Come to think of it, the weather over the last few weeks has been beautiful.
I love weather, though.


I don't know many people who absolutely LOVE rain. Granted, I don't like the bottoms of my jeans to be soaking wet, and I'd prefer not to have to walk to class it in, but a good Sunday or Saturday rain? You can't beat it. Rain at night is also an instant lullaby for me.

The snow was so innocent & white, too. I hate ruining it by the touch of the soles of my shoes, or by the marks of a four wheeler tire, but it is irresistible. I love the crisp air, and the site of the snow falling all around me. I love how the snow seems to bring out ones inner child, especially around these parts. When it snows, you're whatever age you want to be. I love how it confines us to one area, and even when most people feel trapped while being confined - I temporarily enjoy it. Cabin fever will set in eventually, but around the time it does - the snow melts anyway.


I also love days like today. The days that make you wish the sun was never made to go down, and the wind was never meant to cease its breeze. I love these days when you can't imagine bad weather: snow, sleet, ice, hail, ran, tornados, thunder, lightening - because it all seems impossible that blue skies could fill with such darkness. I love days like to today because they're encouraging enough to remind me that a new time is near. This is only a season in this year.

Music adds instruments to my life story.


mumford-sons.jpg

Seriously, it seems like no mattter WHAT is going on in a second of my life, there is a song about it.
The main ones singing about my life right now are Mumford & Sons. I loved their popular song, but once I heard them on the Grammy's, I decided that I ultimately loved their actual voice, and their instrumental diversity compared to many other recording artists. Yes, they may seem like a typical Alternative band, and I guess in some ways they are, but they don't fall into the same category to me as some artists do (Ex: Goo Goo Dolls, The Fray). Granted, this is solely my opinion, but they stand out. Some may say it's because they're just plain weird, but me? I say it's because they're different in an amazing way. It may be their English accents, but I read in an article about them that they "are making music that matters without taking themselves too seriously." (SN: If you're curious about what song I am LOVING right now, it's called "White Blank Page", and I more than likely have/will add it to my music queue at the bottom of my blog, so search & play it.)






Valentines Day is 364 days away.


cupid-valentines-day1.gif



I despise V-Day, and so thinking that it's that far away from now is comforting to me for some reason, and that's good for today to be a GREAT day.


UPDATE:

for all of you who know about The Pioneer Woman (and for those who don't, check her out! Amazing photographer, cook, and woman in general!) I thought I would share with you...

She hosts Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments randomly throughout the course of the year, and she always has a different theme. I got interested in them about a year ago, and I started entering soon after that. This week's topic was on "Love", and I entered this photo:

taken at Tyson & Brandi Smith's wedding, October 2010.

It just so happened to be mentioned today, and I am awestruck, thankful, and shocked! She is phenomenal, and to have a photo of mine catch her eye means the WORLD to me. I am so grateful, and I [not so secretly] wish I could hug her neck for that! 

If you want to see the entire group (AND I encourage you to check out the rest) Here is the link. 

2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

No way!!! Congrats girl this is so exciting! I feel famous by association now!

Karen said...

WOW! I am so glad I stopped by to visit and read tonight. Your words in this post were so heart-felt. Enjoyed reading them! But, this is wonderful about the picture!!!!! I am so excited for you. Yes, I too love reading the Pioneer Woman - from the cooking to the photography. I have been missing seeing you. Headed over to see you picture on her page!!