Monday, February 28, 2011

February Favorites...



I am going to start with a favorite I haven't done before, and it is "Favorite YouTube Video". I feel like I should include YouTube because I watch videos ALL the time! Music videos of people making covers of my favorite songs are some of my favorites to watch, but this one... Well, this one has a story.

If you watch American Idol, go ahead and skip over this prologue for the video, and start watching. If not: tune in!
Chris Medena, and his girlfriend, Juliana, were engaged at her workplace in 2007. They planned to wait 2 years to marry, but Juliana was in a car accident and suffered a major brain injury.
She is now able to walk with assistance, but she has suffered severely. Her words are mutters that only Chris and few other people can understand.
When most people would have run from the situation, Chris stood close by Juliana's side. He still loves her, cares for her, and he plans to marry her.
When Chris auditioned, Steven Tyler loved it. Here is what he told Juliana once she was brought in the room,“I just heard your fiance sing and he’s so good. -You know, ‘cause he sings to you all the time, I could tell. Love that… That’s why he sings so good – because he sings to you.
Unfortunately, Chris didn't make it into the top 25, but he DOES have a video out now. Although I just heard it yesterday, I love it. It is so sincere. So, here you go:
*REMEMBER TO PAUSE MY PLAYLIST AT THE BOTTOM*


OPI Black Shatter

OPI_Black_Shatter.JPG.jpg RevlonGrapeIcy.jpg
I'm pretty much a fan of all things unique, so that sums up Black Shatter favorite. As far as the Revlon Scented Grape Icey? Yeah, I don't know, but for some reason. My nails love it, and they won't let me wear any other color. Weird?

Unstoppable.jpg

Between loving Denzel as an actor and Chris Pine's eyes, there's really nothing to NOT like about this movie (except, maybe if you have blood pressure issues, you MIGHT want to keep your brown paper sack close by, or your oxygen tank). I loved this movie!




Chris-Young-Tomorrow-UCB.jpg

LOVE this song. The lyrics are sooo amazing. *ps - for those of you who wondered if my love for Mumford & Sons would last - IT DID. I'm crazy about them now, and needless to say, my friends are too crazy about me being crazy about them! Ha!

loreal-studio-secrets-makeup-primer.jpg

I just started using this, but so far - so good. It just evens out my powder, and I'm not really a fan of base, so it seems like a good alternative.


White+Cake+Mix+Cookies.JPG.jpg

Hollie is mainly to blame for me even knowing about this recipe, but I made them on my own for Megan a few weeks ago, and now I'm stuck. It seems like every Sunday or Wednesday I'm making a batch. They are SO easy and SO good.
1/2 cup oil (you're supposed to use a cup, but I like mine better with a 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
beat
add chocolate chips
stir
bake for 8 minutes on 350.
viola!


IMG_9191.jpg

this is probably my favorite photo from the month, simply because I LOVED the snow. I loved that for the first time in probably 10 years I was building a snowman in my front yard, and not only that -- Noah & Nason were there to do that with us. It was fun, and hopefully when they look back and remember the snow & the time they spent in it, a memory of the time spent with some of their family will fall through their minds.

Only the last photo is mine. I used all other images from Google searches. I take no credit for those photos.

No comments: