Saturday, April 16, 2011

SUYL - Reading list!

My daddy loves to read! My mom? She doesn't hate it, but it's not a favorite past time for her. I got my daddy's gene on this one. I love to read, I just don't read as often as I'd like to.

Kelly's Korner is hosting "Show Us Your Life - Reading List" this week, and I decided to let ya'll in on my "currently reading", my "favorite reads", and my "to be read" pile as well.! Enjoy!


Currently Reading...



I love the Pioneer Woman. If you like whitty blogs, check her out. If you like phenomenal photos, check her out. If you're interested in photo contest, check her out. If you love to eat, check her out.
If you love cowboy romances, check this out.

(typically I do not, but she is an exception!)


You may call me crazy, but Columbine stories have always peaked my interest, and so have any other stories involving school shootings. I don't mean this in a morbid way at all, but this book is about a girl who was killed the day of the Columbine shooting because she said "yes" when the shooters asked her if she believed in God as she sat under a table in the library. 

To Be Read...

I don't know what either of these two are about, but Daddy wants me to read them.
Have you read them?
If so, what did you think?





Favorite Reads...


Along with being intrigued by school shooting stories, I love the WWII era, especially learning more about the Holoucaust and what was happening in Germany during this time. I loved this book because it was about ones personal experience with his dealings with the concentration camps, and how his entire family suffered. It has a goof ending, but I won't ruin it for those of you who may be wanting to read it.

*Also, if it means anything to you - it was part of Oprah's Book Club. (fun fact)


I wouldn't be a girl if I didn't include a Nicholas Sparks book.
This is one of the few that ends on a good note, thankfully. 



This was my childhood favorite. It's one of the first Accelerated Reader books I finished, and I enjoyed this book so much. I wanted to go try & live on my own in the woods after finishing it. ;-)

Link up here to show your book favorites!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Tuesdays with Morrie is an excellent book. I have read it numerous times. Any of Mitch Albom's books are exceptional!

Erin Branscom said...

Great book list! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

I love your blog! I am following you!

Megan Claire said...

I agree about Tuesdays with Morrie. You will really enjoy it! Have you read The 5 People You Meet in Heaven or For One More Day? These are both Mitch Albom books that are good!