Thursday, April 28, 2011

Praising in the storm...

I was talking to one of my best friends this morning on the phone, and as we re-hashed the situation in Tuscaloosa, AL, as well as what came through our portion of MS yesterday, I couldn't help but be more humbled than I was prior to the phone call. 
There is no other way around saying that God had his hand of protection on us during yesterday's storms. I don't know why we have been spared, but I do believe there is a reason. The town of Tuscaloosa has been devastated - people lost their lives, other people missing. Clearly there is no cell service or electricty - and yet so many of us think the world is ending due to not having any power in some portions of our area. 
How could we be so selfish? 
How could I be so selfish? 
I asked myself this a dozen times once we got off the phone. 
All of my friends are safe, and although I have family members close to Tuscaloosa, they are all safe as well. 
I had to take a moment to stop and be thankful, grateful, and although sometimes I fail at practicing both of those things - I had to give praise where praise was due. 
I should remind myself to do that more. 

This was our radar & predictions for Wednesday. Apparently "spotty" red is worse than red all together because all of those winds are working against each other or something? I'm no meteorologist, and I sometimes forget what I hear. Anyway... :




The following photos are a photo-journey that my Daddy & I set out on just minutes after our area was cleared from the "warnings", probably right around the time that Alabama's lives were changing dramatically. At the end, there is a video of the tornado going through Tuscaloosa. 


I was sure by now, 
God, You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day


but once again, I say "Amen" & it's still raining.



As the thunder rolls, 
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain

"I'm with you". 


& as Your mercy falls, 
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away. 


And I'll praise You in this storm,
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried


You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm 


I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you 


& you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You 



But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain

"I'm with you" 



And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are

No matter where I am 



And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm



I lift my eyes unto the hills.


Where does my help come from?


My help comes from the Lord;


The Maker of Heaven and Earth.




 And I'll praise You in this storm

And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are

No matter where I am 


& every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand.


You never left my side, 
and though my heart is torn...


I will praise You in this storm.



"Give thanks in all circumstances."
 - 1 Thes. 5:18

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

Those pictures bring tears to my eyes. What a tragic situation for so many people.