Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Favorites!


I love sharing what I love with you and giving my take on each thing! 

Here we go.... 




Nail Polish: Orly: Crush on You
                        Essie: Lapis of Luxury

I couldn't choose just one. Orly is quickly taking over OPI for me, although I love their new collection that's fixing to release in tribute to the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. 
Anyway, these colors are both springy & bright. They last forever on my nails, and while they're definite shades of orange & blue - they have a unique tint to them. I love that!


Face Product: Mabelline Fit Me Foundation

I know I'm way behind most of you, but I had never used liquid foundation before now. I trust Mabelline with everything (except eye shadow), so I grabbed some of this not knowing what to expect. I love it. Hands down. It is so weightless, it doesn't run, and it covers well enough to even out my "blemishes" under my eyes & my permenantly red nose I seem to always keep! It also has 18 SPF, but it doesn't make my face oily by the end of the day!


Food: Honey Bunches of Oats (with fresh strawberries)

I have been adding strawberries in, even though they're a fruit - they still have a lot of sugar in them. Oh well, I'm just telling myself they're a FRUIT. That means something, right? :-)


Hair: Feather Extensions!

If you read my "phontoblog" you saw the extensions in my hair, but I am loving them still! I can see myself enjoying these all summer. 


Random thing: Burts Bee's with Milk & Honey

Some say this smells like sunscreen.......I like it! Maybe it reminds me of my childhood when I wore 3 coats of it just to walk from my house to the car in hopes that I wouldn't get burned on the way! Nah, it does smell a little like sunscreen, but I love that it isn't a thick lotion that makes my hands greasy.



Phone App: Tweetdeck

If you have an android or an iPhone, are an active user of Twitter, & need a good app - check it out. I love it. I also overuse it. ;-)


Movie: Red Riding Hood

Was it this month that we went to see that?? Um... Anyway, I enjoyed trying to figure out who the "wolf" was the entire time. Megan & I would whisper back and forth "ohhh.. it's her... no, it's him.. wait... I don't know! No... it's definitely her..", but seeing the end was fun & exciting. I liked it a lot.



Website: Bands for Arms

B4A is an organization that takes military servicemen's donated uniforms and transforms them into bracelets. These can be any type of uniform. I have 2 ordered now - one from a sailors uniform that served in WWII at Pearl Harbor, and the other is actually made from a Navy uniform, but I liked the look of it, so.. ;) This organization's proceeds go to:

- Marine Toy for Tots Foundation 
- Project Little Spirits
- The USO
- Japan (Tsunami victims)
- The National WWII Museum


Song: Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars

Disclaimer: ONLY listen if you like "weird" music. 
It's extremely singer/songwriter/alternative-ish. 



Jewelry: AE Freshwater Pearl Bracelet

because it layers well, and it goes good with the necklace I mentioned last month. Now, if I could just find some earrings....


*********

Did you post your favorites? 

I want to see!

Leave a comment with your link.

Have a good week!


No comments: