Monday, May 30, 2011

My May Faves!

FAVORITE TIME OF THE MONTH!
..because I love watching my favorite YouTube people talk about their favorites, and I love reading my favorite blogger's posts about theirs as well! 

Here
we
go!

Nail Polish:

Pirates of the Caribbean Collection:

I've said that I'm falling away from OPI, but I don't HATE it. I just don't love it as much as some do! The POC Collection released a week or two ago, and I've been waiting because I want the silver shatter SO bad, but unfortunately everyone else wants it too. :( I didn't get it, but I did get "Skulls and Glossbones" (second one from left) and "Mermaid's Tears" (far right). 
L.o.v.e.
They're very opaque and don't require too many coats, and that's usually where I encounter problems with OPI, but nevertheless - I love these, and I have SO many to try thanks to Ashia
I love when she cleans her makeup/cosmetics out.



Also love the America nail art I picked up at Sally's (excuse the phone quality photo). I just painted my nails with Finger Paints "Easel Come, Easel Go", added the art, and painted a Sally Hansen top coat! Viola!

*I will say that I haven't gotten any of Essie's Brazilliant Collection, though, so look for them in my June Favorites, I'm sure! :)


Song:

Leather & Lace - Stevie Nicks (ft. Don Henley)

Since I heard the guy & girl from The Voice sing this, I have had this on "My List" in iTunes. I love, love, love it. LOVE it.
I see myself becoming more of a Nicks fan than I already am.


Face Product:

The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel came in my Birchbox this month, and I hate the smell. It's horrible, but the result from using it has been great! I'm not way into organic stuff, but for my face I've discovered that you REALLY can tell a difference. 


Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara - it's probably not fair to say that it's a "favorite", but I know I do already. I've tried it out today, and it's phenomenal. I have a love/hate relationship with mascara because I am SEVERLY picky, and I believe in the Mabelline Pulse Perfection, but Rimmel may have outdone Mabeline this time. We'll see! 


Hair Product:

This stuff is a dream come true (also from Ashia - Thanks again!) I usually wash my hair at night and can go at least 2 days without having to wash it again, but since I'm not straightening it much, the curls tend to get OVERLY messy. This whips them back into 1st day shape. I really recommend it if you have issues with frizz! :)


Food:

Yeah, I'm not sure why... But I'm kind of loving these things. 
Never been a Ham & Cheese fan, that is until now!


Movie:

It looks completely sketch from the cover, and I guess the plot sort of is - but the moral behind the movie is what I love. Of course I pay attention to the small quotes that no one would ever recognize, and I loved so many from this movie.



Phone App:

Barcode Scanner! 
You can scan anything, anywhere & search it online for a cheaper price. Wonderful, don't ya think?
..and for all you Samsung Galaxy users - it comes on your phone already installed.! Bam! :)



New Discovery:

The Hard Candy line has some awesome stuff! I love the names they have for things. I've had some of their nail polish for awhile, but I hadn't tried their makeup until recently. 
I bought the "Hide & Glow Cheek" cheek tint which is basically like the Tarte creme blush, but it's in a stick. I like it because it's light, and I can throw it on quicker than a powder blush! 
I also have the "Fox in a Box" blush in Smooth Talker, and I like it as well!




Random:

My baby-tee from Old Navy (on sale for $6 today!) 
Well, do I have to explain why? I mean, isn't the flag a dead giveaway for my patriotic self?

:)

Comment with your favorites! I'd love to see!

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

I switched to organic stuff for my face a few months ago and the difference is incredible! I just use a plain old basic bar of soap, and about once a week or so I use a lavendar salt scrub. I use organic moisturizer and every Sunday night I use cold pressed castor oil instead of moisturizer, and my skin looks so great Monday morning! I get all of my stuff at Trader Joe's and it is SO cheap...cheaper than non-organic stuff!!