Friday, February 12, 2010

the sun set too quickly, or so it seemed.

a couple of months ago, daddy asked me if I'd want to take some pictures of the sunset; I love sunsets, so of course, I agreed.
 
I was hunting that afternoon, and I looked back towards the sun & realized that today would be the best day. I got out of the stand & rushed towards macon, chasing the sun down the highway.


I called daddy as I headed towards the place where he wanted me to take them, and he agreed to meet me there. 



it was my favorite cemetery! (can you have a favorite? Yes!) I guess it does sound a little morbid to have a favorite cemetery, but the reason I love it is because it's such a quiet, serene, and peaceful place. To me, there are some cemeteries with an "eerie" feeling, but this one is just peaceful. 



my best friend & I used to go out here whenever the sky was clear, sit on the roof of her car, and watch the stars. The closest street light is down the hill on the road, there's no one around, yet we're still close  to civilization!



The sun was almost to it's "setting" point, so I should've went earlier. 
Now, back to the future.....


I really didn't believe it would snow.


simply because the last time we were out for a "severe winter storm" the only thing that really happened was a major drop in the temperature and some ice. (hey, it was a day out of school!)



but, just incase it did snow, I wanted to take pictures before it all melted away; you know, to document it, since we're all crazy southerners who are sheltered when it comes to these things!



when i got up at 6am to see if I should prepare myself to endure the cold (and what I thought would be six inches of snow) there was no snow on the ground!!! 



so, I went back to sleep. I was a little disappointed. 



when I woke back up at 9:30, I wasn't even going to check because I didn't want to be let down. So, I checked Facebook & my Blackberry status', and everyone was talking about snow. Had I hallucinated earlier? I was a little groggy. 

 

I looked out the window and found (basically) a blizzard! I got up, put on some warm clothes and set out to take some pictures! 


I hope ya'll have had a great snow day!

 


happiness:

- this (especially today!)
- yeast rolls (again, not on the diet!)
- experiencing other people's excitement.
- snow. 
- An Officer & A Gentleman (to be watched!)
- phone calls from unexpected people.



1 comment:

shelby lynn said...

well I saw on twitter that you had updated so I had to come read. I dont think I've told you this before but I LOVE to look at the random pictures you take.