Friday, May 28, 2010

fourth time's a charm?

Well, it's been an interesting past couple of days!

Since the last time I posted, I have been to the doctor three other times! Until today, they didn't know what was wrong.

Monday I went and they took blood and gave me two shot (a sinus one and some other kind?), they told me to keep taking the antibiotics, and they sent me home!

Yesterday I went because nothing was helping, and the antibiotic wasn't giving me temporary relief. I still couldn't sleep at night, and swallowing liquid was becoming extremely difficult. They took blood from my finger, then from my arm, changed my antibiotic, and gave me another shot. They also tested for mono.

Last night, I started having a shooting pain all the way down my neck into my chest. The medicine that had been prescribed earlier hadn't eased any pain, and the shot didn't seem to phase me either.

So, this morning we went to a different doctor, and he said that he believes it IS mono, but the test results won't be back until after lunch sometime, so we're still waiting to hear about that!

It's a relief to me knowing that they may've figured it out (not that i have some rare disease!). It's been so frustrating to not feel good, and especially to not be taking a medicine to make the pain a little more bearable.

On a totally different note! I have gotten all of my "online" purchases in these last two weeks, and i'm so thrilled that i haven't had to send anything back!


nikon_55-250mm_lens(1).JPG.jpg 51iJm5s0XcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg i got those two lenses from here. Kyle Hancock recommended me to it, and I'm really excited about trying them out! 

download-full-its-complicated-movie-online-13573-1261654949-17.jpgdear-john.jpg i ordered these two from Amazon! (THAT is my new favorite place!!)

51oN88gVDzL._SS400_.jpg and (probably my favorite) purchase is my new non-pandora Pandora charm! 

That's all i can think of right now, but i'm also looking into some Waxing Poetic things, and then i'm sure i'll take the rest to the beach and to Montana! 

Have a great holiday weekend, and don't forget the reason for your day off work. We live in a country with men & woman selfless enough to give their lives in order to protect and preserve our rights and freedoms as Americans. I am so grateful to have such a close friend in the military, and I hope that he knows just how proud and thankful I am for him. Thank someone in the military this weekend if you have a chance! I know it will mean more than you could ever believe! 


Semper Fi, foralways.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I had mono two years ago, and I had very strange symptoms too. I was really restless at night...I slept through it but I would wake my roommate up because I was rolling around so much! And one day I woke up and my eyelids were so swollen, it looked like I had tiny little slits for eyes. But apparently those things are symptoms of mono, and that's what it ended up being. If they give you the steroids...they worked great for me! Feel better!

Grace said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Ashia said...

aw, i love this post! i hope i remember to text clint monday. don't let me forget! hope you're better tonight. wish i had one of your pink popsicles. =) i will be getting a box of those this weekend!