Saturday, May 22, 2010

.."i don't want to forget come daylight."

This weekend hasn't gone "as planned", and although there wasn't really any sort of plan, I was not anticipating being sick!

My throat has been hurting for the past couple of days, along with my left ear. So, last night Hollie "advised me" that I should probably see the doctor in the morning, but I am so stubborn and I hate the doctor. Ya'll just don't know, me and needles are NOT close companions!!!

This morning when we woke up, I asked Hollie to check & see if my throat was red. She looked and noticed a little more than that (totally nasty, but there were little pockets on my tonsils). I told mom, and of course, she made me go on to the doctor.

Once I got in the doctors office, I breathed a little sigh of relief because there was only one car in the parking lot, figuring that I wouldn't have to wait too long. . . . . . . WRONG! Anyway, after waiting (forwhatseemedlikeforever) 30 minutes, the kind nurse took me back, did her routine exam, and left the room.

I fell asleep in the waiting room waiting on the doctor, but she came in fairly soon (I guess!). She was a sweet woman, and she didn't like the looks of my ear or throat. She had a strep test done that came back negative.

She then told me it was tonsillitis, and sent me home with 2 antibiotics and a shot. I guess the shot has had a weird affect on me because I didn't really "feel sick" (other than throat and ear, I hadn't really missed a beat), but today I have just been "sluggish".

Maybe it's just been my poor attitude about today. I wanted to go fishing with Matt & Hannah, I wanted to go to Columbus with Megan and Hollie, and I wanted to spend time with them tonight before they leave for a week tomorrow. =(

1 comment:

Ashia said...

i sorry. =( i hope you're feeling better! i wonder how hollie saw your pockets... i can never see anything in throats. it's like a tunnel of darkness. =) lemme know if you need me and peanut to bring you come popsicles. oh wait, you tweeted that you had some. ;) well, if u run out! =)