Wednesday, May 19, 2010

i will remember you, will you remember me?




Ohhh... we've graduated. 

we've turned our tassels, thrown our hats in the air, unzipped our gowns, and marched down the "aisle" for the final time. 
The blue & gold will run thick through some of us because in a way we've left something behind that will never be replaced, but for others, they walked out and didn't realize what wanted to look them in the eye. The memories that are inside those four walls will often creep up on me, and i'm okay with that. Fighting back the way things used to be isn't something I want to do. I enjoyed high school, I loved being a part of  a team, a class, a family. I wouldn't take any of those years back. 
 It may be too early to say this, and I promise I will come back and blog if I change my mind - BUT know this: I understand that there comes a point whenever you just have to move on. Being stuck in the same place for too long isn't good for anyone, especially when they know they need to be doing something else. I am excited about what the future holds, and I cannot wait to start a new chapter in my life! 

No, onto another (lighter) subject. 

SO SO SO many people have asked me if we're going on a Senior trip. 

The answer to that is YES!

The class is leaving Sunday going to Ft. Morgan to stay at the beach until the following Friday. 

Am I going? No! 

 This was totally my decision, and it had absolutely nothing to do with "who all was going", "being away from home", "the beach" (because, as many of you know, i'm really not IN LOVE with the beach. I do like it, but not quite love), nothing to do with any of that. I would have probably had an amazing time being there with the class, and I know that there are so many memories to be made next week while they're there. But my senior trip will also involve many memories for me as well, and although it won't be beachside with my class, it will be something that I know I won't forget.
 Since I adhered to love of the outdoors, I have wanted to kill a moose. I know, I know, "there as big as a house", "what would you do with a moose?" I've heard it! Ha! I honestly don't know why i've always wanted to kill one, but lets be honest, his antlers would make for storage space if all else failed! HA, kidding. 
 Anyway! My senior trip is NOT going to Alaska to kill a moose, but I am going hunting with my daddy. 

  
 I AM THRILLED beyond words. After watching countless hunting shows (partially my fault, partially dad/brothers fault), the Milk River has become somewhat familiar to me because so many people enjoy going there to hunt.
 One in particular would be my (personal) favorite, Michael Waddell that hunts for Realtree Outdoors. 

a few shots from MR.


So, that's my senior trip story! I will go to the beach this summer with Mom, Mimi, and Meg. I look forward to spending time with Mom & Mimi at the beach. We always enjoy ourselves!

Have a great week! :)


No comments: