Sunday, May 30, 2010

.."the sun's streaming in, and your eyes are shining like a full moon."

 Today has been semi-good for me, other than the fatigue! I finally slept all night, and I could not be any more thankful for that.
 I didn't make it to church, but Hollie came over to visit me after she got finished, and we watched 8 Seconds.
 I LOVE THAT MOVIE! It is so precious, but it makes me SO sad. Especially since it was based on a true story. I love the love that Lane and Kelly share, but I hate that they lost it for awhile and were just getting it back in line whenever Lane was killed by the bull. I can't help but feel SO sorry for Kelly.

 Anyway, that is just a movie. Later today, Mimi came over and picked me up to take me "out for the afternoon". Noah and Nason went fishing in Crawford, and I wrote Thank You notes at the barn.

 It was good to have a little change in scenery. Later tonight, Megan and Kyle came to see me, and they had some of Nannie's (newly) famous pie. It is SIMPLY AMAZING!  She made it Friday for Noah's birthday, and we went over to her house for dessert and fell in love. So, Saturday she texted me and said she was making one for me! How sweet! Love you, Nannie! I'll post the recipe at the bottom.

 Next, I ordered some more off of Amazon & Walmart yesterday. Here's what I've got coming, and I'm so excited!
 annnnd.... 

Yesterday, I also bought another Wii game at Walmart, but I got it in store (Mom & Dad had to go, so they picked it up for me) It really brings back my childhood, and Kyle and I played tonight and had the best time! 


LOVE IT!! Hahahahahahaahaha. 

I believe that's all I can come up with for today, so i'll leave you with this mouth-watering pie recipe! It may be a good last minute thing for Memorial Day! I hope all of my readers have a wonderful & blessed Memorial Day! Remember as you packed your lunches, soak up the sun, and laugh with your family, that there are families who lack a member due to their faithfulness to our country. They are across the oceean serving our nation. Take a moment and thank them! 


Seeing Clint for the first time after three months at Parris Island for his graduation :) Happy, Happy, Happy day!!!



Pillsbury Strawberry Fudge Pie 

Crust: 
1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box.

Brownie Layer: 
1 (10.25oz) pkg. fudge brownie mix
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1 egg

Cheesecake Layer: 
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened.
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Topping: 
3 cups fresh strawberries halved.
2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping.

DIRECTIONS
1.Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on package for one-crust filled pie.
2.In large bowl, combine all brownie layer ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Spread in bottom of crust-lined pan.
3.Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiny and center is set. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
4.Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg; beat until smooth. Working quickly, drop cream cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over partially baked brownies; carefully spread to cover brownie layer. Bake an additional 18 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese is set. Cool at least 1 hour.
5.Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time. Immediately before serving, place ice cream topping in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on DEFROST for 45 seconds. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Store in refrigerator.


**my tip for the fudge on top would be just to heat up enough for   your piece of pie because to me, it "makes" it to have warm fudge on top of the strawberries. MMM!! It's delish!



No comments: