Sunday, December 12, 2010

Deck the Halls...


Let me first start by saying that I believe I decided to photograph the (outside) decorations on the windiest day of the year. Seriously. 
Last night our temperatures dropped dramatically, where once we were gasping for air - now we are expecting single digit temps! 

Ok, so I exagerated a little about the "gasping for air" but it was hot for December.

Moving on, since I am (nor will never be) a meteorologist, let me start..

Persons' Christmas 2010


click photos at any point to enlarge


This is the entrance to "the back" as we call it. Opening this door will take you into our living room area, which is mainly what is decorated during the season. 


this is a planter & flag by the carport, not sure where any of this was purchased.. Sorry :)


This is our "cottage" that mainly serves as an attic type place. (Excuse the trash can, ha! It holds the dog food...just keepin' it real)


this would be to the left of the photo above, just some yard pretties.


the back patio is Mom's favorite to decorate, although no one see's it, you can view it from the kitchen window, and she spends a lot of time in the kitchen, so she enjoys this.

We hung the ornaments from a naked crepe myrtle tree for the first time this year, and I really like it. It's 
"whimsical".


Mom loves rabbits, and I made this wreath a couple of years ago to go on the kitchen table. We've since changed it out, so this is on the patio now.


Front door decorations, and I love them at night.


Our tree is a "Diet Tree" =) Kidding, but it is tall & slim unlike most tall & fat ones. We used to have one like that,  but in the last few years, we have used this one. It's just more convenient and doesn't require re-arranging the entire "back".


We used to have a sillouhette Nativity Scene, but now Willow Tree has taken over. I absolutely LOVE Willow Tree, and eventually I want Mamma to have them all =) That's usually a gift for her birthday that I get her, and they have one for everything!


The computer desk is just lightly decorated with a sit around tree & snowman.. and a backround, of course!


the counter is decorated mainly in polka dots. I do know that the mugs came (on sale) from Kirklands, and the platter was a Christmas gift, I believe.


Window decorations are simple "branches" with ornaments and hanging snowflakes.


the Christmas Carolers will always mean that it's Christmastime for me.
I don't really like the movie "A Christmas Carol", but I love the Carolers representing the story.


Right inside the door to the right stands this table with a coaster, spool Santas, a Christmas platter, and Mrs. Claus (who looks decapitated here - Oops) on the bottom shelf. 


Right inside the door stands the "foyer" (friends who have been in here, can this even qualify as a foyer?? I don't think so, but I didn't know what you'd call it. Entrance?) Anyway, the reindeer came from BAM and it was 9.99! Disregard the gun, it isn't part of Christmas decor, just everyday decor =)  


This is the bathroom decoration, and it changes yearly. =) 


This hangs on the bathroom window.


The tv stand decorations are slim, but there are the Carolers again, and on the other side are three candle stands with three ornaments below.


...annnd the rest of the Caroler family.


Last, but not least, the stockings that my Nannie made for us years ago. The only stocking I've ever had, and I love them because they are timeless and traditional. =)

That's all. 

Thank you for "touring" our decorations this year!

Also, I should inform you that I take no credit AT ALL for this. All I did was photograph it 5 minutes ago. Mom decorated a lot while Daddy & I were gone, and she just asked for my opinion (she may call it criticism from time to time...) She did good.

If you decide to post your decorations, comment with your blog link! 

Link to Kelly's Korner too! She's doing a Tour of Homes! Go check out everyone's decorations!

Also! Check out Mrs. Karen's home. She has a beautiful one, and she is so creative! 



5 comments:

Karen said...

Julianna, :) I am humbled. Girl, you need to give me heads up when you do those kind of things, so I can be ready for company, like get out of the sweats & turn the coffee pot on!!!! People who do not understand the blogsphere, would think us CRAZY~enjoyed looking at your pics, I too love the front door, "the one I get to see". It is beautiful, been meaning to bring the camera to town with me. Thanks for letting us take a tour & tell Mom she did great.

twinkietotmom said...

I love it all!

Laura Darling said...

Your house looks so nice! I love the "diet tree!" ha! And the nativity scene looks great!

Grace said...

Beautiful, girl you guys beat me by a mile this year. I'm going to do better next year though!

Stephanie Agnew said...

You could have added that your Nan cross-stitched those stockings and she hasn't even cross-stitched her own family any....just sayin....feel the love!