Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friday: Aftermath...

(all images today are from my iTouch, so please disregard the quality!)

November 26, 2010


I really don't know if everyone is like this or if i'm the only one, but I have a problem letting go. It doesn't have to be people but the present. Watching a moment leave me and not being able to get it back is always hard for me. 


Daddy & I woke up at 3:30, packed our last few things, and Macy took us to the airport. Once we got there, Macy told me that he enjoyed the week, and he congratulated me on my hunt. I went to shake his hand, not wanting to over-bear him with a hug, but he reached over around my neck and hugged me. 

We've built a relationship with their family, one of generosity & kindness, one of selflessness & laughs;
one that I, myself, will never forget

As we pulled out of that airport, the rush of departure hit me like it hadn't any other time. 
It was a rush I can't explain.


I was really tired at that point and ready to come home. I had my purse in my lap, and it slipped into the darkness of the floor board. Aggravated and tired, I shuffled around to find what had fallen out. My iPod was the only thing light would allow me to see, so I placed it in my purse, zipped it back, and fell asleep. once we landed in Billings, I grabbed my bags and made my way out, following Daddy inside. 
Then, I went to look for my phone and couldn't place it. I walked back down the terminal and asked the lady to look for me, and she did. No luck.

I was not a happy camper! I pouted and fussed for over an hour (my pooor, poooor Daddy). We went back down to see if the lady was at the ticket counter boarding people for their next flight, and Daddy decided to make one last check through my bags (that I had already checked 14 times), and sure enough - he grabbed it out of my OPEN pocket in my camera bag. 
He's such an angel ;)

We had a long layover in Billings, but once we made it Minneapolis we were both hungry (pretzels and water doesn't fill a totally empty stomach, FYI! We did have a croissant and some orange juice this morning, though.) 

We took the AmTrak to our end of the airport, and when we walked in the door, there stood TGI Fridays. So, Daddy & I had an airport dinner date. 

We visited a few shops, bought a few gifts, and walked to the other end of the airport to our concourse. 


I type this on the plane, sitting next to Daddy playing solitare on my iPod. As we drove off the landing strip, he said,

"This is it.. The last time for awhile..


It hit me.


All i've been excited about since May is over. I have lived that dream this week, and i've made wonderful memories with my Daddy. I know that i'll always remember this week; it can never be taken away from me, but watching Minneapolis fall underneath me as we departed, I realized that letting go (for me) is harder than I thought


On a lighter note, I can't wait to see my Mamma, Mimi, Nannie, brother, and best friends. I have missed them dearly, and it's a wonderful feeling knowing I'm homeward bound to see the people who love me just as much as I love them. 


Thank you all for sharing this experience with me. I really can't say how thankful I am to have been given this opportunity, all I can really say is that I have the best parents one could ask for. They always do their best for Matt and I. 

I love you all.



"Don't let your last words be, ' I thought that we would have more time'; 
let them be, 'Didn't we have a great time?!'."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A TRIP, WHAT A HUNT,AND NOTHING IS ANY BETTER THAN SPENDING THIS WEEK WITH YOUR DAD.
We will never forget it. Thank you for sharing this story with me.

I Love You
Mimi
12/06/2010

Stephanie Agnew said...

Tears, tears tears! What an amazing woman you are! So proud you are part mine!! If I could have had a daughter....she would be you! I Love you sweet girl!

Laura Darling said...

You must have been exhausted! And what a special week you had. I'm sure they are memories you will never forget. You're so lucky to have that special relationship with your dad. I loved hearing about the trip!! Thanks for doing those posts!