Wednesday, December 15, 2010

little project...

I try to change out my chalkboard that I have hanging in my room, and I know i've showed it to ya'll before, but I did (somewhat of...) a "tutorial" on how I made mine for Christmas.

Warning: this has potential to be extremely confusing/boring. :)


"prime" your chalkboard. (ha)

this requires a wet rag.


grab your sidewalk chalk. 
(this came from Freds, but you can get it anywhere.)


I started at the top left corner with one circle. 
start from the outside of the circle & work your way inside to fill it in.
under that, add 2 more,
under 2, add three,
and so on...


on the smaller one, I started at the base of the top tree and made a smaller "ball",
filling them in the same way as you did the top.
you can make this tree as thick or thin as you'd like. I went with a smaller size for this one.


after that, make the base of your tree. I started out slim at the top, and I made the base a little thicker. 
write "Merry Christmas" or whatever you'd like.
Then, I filled in the boring areas with polka dots (yellow & white) and "stars" (that's such a loose term for whatever those are! Ha!)

Viola! 

;) 

also, I painted my nails today to "get in the spirit".


ignore my gross fingers. 
I used:

 Sally Hanson 07 Cherry Red
& Art Deco in Green.

I primed my nails & after-coated them with:

Sally Hanson Maximum Growth (clear coat)

1 comment:

Karen said...

just aren't you cute? Love the chalkboard.
Love,
Karen