Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tuesday: Depressed


November 23, 2010

I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn't slept a wink, and I still feel that way. So sleepy! It's ridiculous.


 We headed out a little later this morning because it wasn't it wasn't light outside early yesterday, and not to mention the "winter storm advisory" we were under today made it darker as well, due to the snow & clouds. The high for today is in the single digits, and snow was expected (3-5 inches).


So, we decided to do a little drive, and that is typically a good thing to do during this weather because the deer bed down to block themselves from the winds, and when you push them out (in a drive) they obviously become a little more motivated to move. (Go figure) 



Macy parked at one end of the field, and we stayed in the truck as he made his way down the opposite tree-line. As he walked a distance, I lost his orange vest in the snow, assuming he had crossed over onto our side of the tree-line. 


We waited for awhile, as my toes felt like they were literally going to crack open at any given moment. [Note to self: just because your boots claim they are "insulated" does not mean they are "insulated" enough for Montana winters. In fact, they feel like placing frozen zip-locs around your feet in place of socks.] 


(turkeys)
Anyway, Macy drove a little herd out, and one nice one ran with them.


When the heat was turned on, my knees began to ache because of the frigid cold that was rushing through my toes. I have only thought my feet have been cold before, but I now know an entirely new level of cold. Cold, at this point (even to Macy who lives in it), was an afterthought.


We came on back shortly after that, and we relaxed until almost 3, made the rounds that we have been making, and actually we all talked more today. I haven't mentioned this, but not a whole lot has been said as we ride these roads. 



Granted: questions are asked, small talk is made, the plan is given, but not a constant conversation (like it would be with a truck car full of girls). If ya'll know me, you probably know that I have been feeling a little... AWKWARD? I wanted someone to burst out in talking, laughing, singing, dancing, SOMETHING!! Pleeeease!
..and that is when I realized the difference between men & women.
it hit me.
like a ton of bricks.
boom.
bam.
shizam.


I ate a cheeseburger type mix for lunch today. It was a rotel-type texture, but it was served like a sloppy joe. 


we had an enchilada casserole for supper, and a maple "long john" (as we call them) or "maple bun" (as the Northerners say) for breakfast - since I forgot to mention that earlier. 


this is the town of Glasgow. This is only one street of it, but it is by no means a large town.
We were right at home =)


The geese here seem louder than back home, or maybe it's just they travel in bigger flocks.


I guess the main reason why i'm feeling depressed today is because of the weather. Macy said the weather hadn't been this extreme in nearly ten years. 
I feel like it may inhibit our hunting this week because we haven't seen NEARLY the deer today as we have the past two days. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marvelous story and awesome picture. I am glad I did not know you had a depressing day on Tuesday because I would have REALLY worried about you..
Keep writing loving every moment.

Love You
Mimi