Friday, July 8, 2011

just so y'all know...

I have not fallen off the face of the planet.. just the blogging world.

I plan on enlightening you all on the trip to Honduras, but I can't guarentee when that will be! Tomorrow I have to pack again to leave for the beach on Sunday, and I've been trying to finish up online class stuff before leaving.

I decided to do a little blogging tonight because I have missed it severely, and I hope to be cramming in some more giveaway's on my Photography Blog as soon as I can.

I updated my Blog playlist, and I was going to give you some insight as to why...

I try to let music speak my mood for me, and most of the time it portrays it pretty spot on. Lately, I have had an array of mixed emotions from the last trip I got home from, the things that happened before I left involving something that's been a pretty major part of my life for quite sometime, PTSD from being home from Honduras (as well as being happy about it), and so on! Life has just been a winding road for the last month, and music has been the only way to explain it. Some things grip me towards reality, and others take me back to a video in my mind of the past.

"Sweetest Goodbye" - Maroon 5

Does the title not say enough?

"..and if it never ends,
 then when do we start?
I'll never leave you behind
Or treat you unkind
I know you understand
And with a tear in my eye
Give me the sweetest goodbye
That I ever did receive."

"Orphans of God" - Avalon

This song is the epitome of a soundtrack to the Honduras trip. 
I found myself humming it in the back of my mind so many times,
and I especially did once we got back.

"..Come ye unwanted and find affection
Come all ye weary, come and lay down your head
Come ye unworthy, you are my brother
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this."






"Apologies" - Grace Potter



"..my love is like a blanket
That gets a little too warm sometimes
I wanna wrap somebody in it
Who can hold me in his arms
Cause when it got a little too hot in there
He was always stepping out for air and he froze
Oh, he froze;
He said it's crazy how love stays with me
You know it hurts me 'cause I don't wanna fight this war
It's amazing to see me readin through this scene
of love, and fear, and apologies."

"Fireflies" - Ron Pope

For some reason this song takes me back. Back to high school, back to almost summer nights when things were perfect, but for some reason I didn't realize it at the time. It allows me to reminisce into that time and remember how I thought that things were tough then... 



"..when the streetlights come on and the fireflies flicker,
I am walking her home making plans.
With her shoes in her hands, I am watching her dance,
As the hem of her dress gently kisses the grass.
It suddenly rains on us,
She is laughing and turns up her hands.
Like autumn turns leaves, winter will breathe, 

cold on her necks, snow in our paths.
Wherever she goes, all that I know about us is that 

beautiful things never last,
That's why fireflies flash."



"Ache" - James Carrington


This song just puts my emotions into chords. Most of the time I want to scream this from the highest mountain I can climb. 


.."i'm sorry, but I meant to say 
many things along the way; 
this one's for you - 
have I told you I ache for you?"




Now you know the reason behind my strange music. I don't ask you to like it, agree with it, or try to analyze whatever situation you may want to put it with - but I do ask you to appreciate it because just because it isn't your genre of music doesn't mean it's a bad genre. I'd also encourage you to pay more attention to the lyrics of songs you do listen to, to the style you like, and the sound as well. Expand. Explore. I promise, you may think you waste your time, but it's one of the better ways to spend three or four minutes of your life - AND you may find something new out about the kind of music you like.


That is all of the wisdom I have for today.


Adios, Amigos!

No comments: