Sunday, July 24, 2011

roadtrippin'


Saturday morning my day started off early as we pulled out for Mobile at 7:30, not before stopping at McDonalds to start my diet off right with a CinnaMelt (why didn't I know those were so amazing? There is a reason...), and then we were on our way!  


We wanted to eat some seafood if we were already going to be that close, plus Felix's is one of our favorite places, AND daddy had never eaten there, so we stopped by for lunch!


after lunch, we had to take some photos, duh.
So, enjoy these next few! 








Once we left there, we headed over to tour the battleship! 
Ya'll... I loved it. I spent most of my time just taking it in, everything daddy said, while trying to picture that point in time. 

GEEZ. I'll save my "America" spill for later....



this bird had obviously had a rough day.
I feel like him every once in awhile.

Enjoy these!



















Now, this veteran, Col. Glen D. Frazier, marched the Bataan Death March & then spent time in Japanese POW camps. His pride for what he has done beams around him, and his faithfulness to our country astounds me. He has been voted one of America's best selling authors, and much of his income goes back to preserving the U.S.S Alabama and all of its features.
He is a hero, one who dug his own grave and escaped from enemy fire, and he is one we have to thank for the freedom we so often take for granted. 



I am so proud to be in this country.



"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

No comments: