Saturday, July 9, 2011

Runnin' on Empty!


Thursday night we sailed into Jackson around 8? (I can't remember, it was a long day.) After we went through baggage claim, we headed out to our car & over to Dick's Sporting Goods. Once we left there, I decided I wanted some pizza. For some reason, I had truly missed pizza! Ha! So, we went to Pizza Hut, ordered to go, and headed home.



Friday I woke up & unpacked everything and cleaned my room. After lunch I went & took my Midterm for Algebra and swung by the bank to see Megan on my way home. I showered quickly & dressed for dinner with the family (including Mimi) and Clint. 
We ate at Trailboss, everyone getting their usual meal, (steaks) and I got grilled chicken while Clint ate a steak, too, of course. 
Nat & SG were there with Michael and Tracy, and I was SO unbelievably happy to see them! I missed them so much, and it seemed like SG had grown into a different child after being away from her for a week. 
We rode around for a bit & came back home to watch True Grit. 
I hadn't gotten a chance to go see it in theatres, so I bought it for Daddy for Father's Day! Ha! He had seen it & loved it, though, so it was a win-win situation.
I loved it! The girl (her name has slipped my mind) is such an amazing character, and she plays her part well. I am now being told to watch the original, though. 

*********

Saturday I can't remember what I did, other than sleep. I was extremely sleepy! Hannah came over so we could fix a CD of photos for the slideshow at church on Sunday, and Hollie came to visit too. 
I edited photos until my eyes bled.... 
Okay, they didn't bleed, but it sure felt like they would at any moment. 

**********

Sunday we presented our slideshow at church and talked about our trip. It was good to reminisce, even if it had only been a few short days that we had been home. 
It is so unreal how quickly your joy can be stolen once you're back in the swing of American lifestyle. Anyway, another story for another day. 

I had to finish up classwork due for the week, so I couldn't go out to Clint's for their 4th of July gathering, although he had asked & I had wanted to - I decided it'd be best if I stayed home and did school work. What a nerd! 
BUT by staying home I got to go over to Nannie's and spend an early 4th with them, and I was glad I did. 
These are photos from the afternoon: 


Daddy & I.


Nason & I.


The Redheads!


Nason, Sugar, Me, Noah.


Adding Nannie in there.


Gunner.


Gunner & I with the windblown hair!


My Sister Nannie.


The guhs!


Robs & Nannie.


Their Familia!


Daddy reppin' the Honduras shark shirt, ha!


My beautiful Mimi.


Sugar & I. 

**********



Monday, the actual 4th of July, Clint picked me up around 11:30, and we left for Starkville. This year is the second year that he & I have been able to hang out on the 4th!
We had talked & decided on eating at Abners, which was lovely for me because I'm going to eat chicken regardless of where we go, but they were closed! So, we went to Zaxby's, and they were closed. This was a trend throughout the Mexican restaurant & Oby's as well, so we settled for Applebee's because we had noticed that they were opened when we went by earlier. 
After lunch we went to the theatre (at around 1:15) and sat down to wait for X-Men at 2. I was fine with waiting for awhile since we had a chance to visit, and the movie was amazing too - even though I haven't seen the others - I want to see them soon! 

I love the 4th of July. I don't know if I've mentioned to you that it's my second favorite holiday. I sincerely LOVE it. I am so beyond blessed and thankful to be an American. We really have NO idea how well we have it here. Other places long to be as free as we are. I'm just grateful for the people who got us where we are today, and for the Awesome God we have watching over us. 

Thank you, Veterans & current Active Military.
You are not unnoticed or unappreciated in my eyes.

I guess I should spend my free time now catching up on movies I've been instructed to watch, as well as watching the ones I want to watch, but that will have to wait! 

Beach tomorrow! 



See you soon! 


No comments: