Tuesday, January 4, 2011

quick post.

i have been savoring the last few days of Christmas break.

it seems like everyone else has gotten back into a routine, and just when I start thinking, "Ha ha ha - i don't have to yet!" .... BAM! Back to school.

i switched out my sock drawers today, and this is always a truly depressing time for me. I love socks. NOT white socks, of course. Christmas socks, Halloween socks, Valentines Day socks, ANY kind of holiday-ish socks...I want/need them. I wish Thanksgiving and Easter made socks. How fun would that be? I'm a tad crazy about socks. I have (for the past 3 years and counting) put socks on the top 5 things on my Christmas list. I never get festive socks for Christmas, always "anyday" cute socks, so that made switching out my drawers a little more bearable. It was still hard. Until next year, my friends. Sigh

i hope your New Years came in with a "BANG". Ours did. We had terrible weather that we insisted on staying out in, and honestly - it's fun to say that we weathered "a horrible tornado". Maybe that makes me crazy? I think it just makes me a tad adventurous with a side dose of rebellion..maybe?

as far as New Years resolutions go, I don't have one really set into stone like i did last year, and quite frankly - I think with the general public on the whole "New Years Resolution cliche" thing, but I think I mainly SET one to see if I can prove the people wrong who DON'T think I can do it.

that being said - the 2 (main) ones I am dealing with are: cutting (WAY WAY WAY) back on chocolate/sweets, and not using the straightener as much on my hair. I can't say that I will quit either cold turkey (like I did the sweet tea/caffeinated drinks), but having the mind set to try is always a good start. Right?

the other one that isn't such a huge deal, but then again it kind of is to me - bringing my blog back to the original reason for starting it. I was talking to Megan today about blogging, and I was telling her that I don't do a whole lot of "in depth - wonder who she's talking about" post much anymore. I enjoyed those simply because it was a stress reliever for me. I wouldn't do this all the time, of course. Only when I felt the need to vent or have a redheaded fit :) I just feel like I would lose interest in the people that now come to read my blog more often than when I had 5 or 10 "followers".
i guess this is the part where you tell me to "write what's on my heart" or "say what's on your mind", but sometimes you may NOT want me to do so. The truth still is that this is my blog, and the only problem with saying, "I will say what I want" is that anyone with access to the intriguing world of the WWW is subject to read it. Scary? Sometimes.

Lastly, I have read over the last years (maybe not all, but most) worth of posts, and I have noticed the UNREAL amount of times that I say "WE". If I do not mention other names anywhere beforehand, I am talking about We Three as in: Me, Megan, and Hollie. - now you know. :)

Highlights of Christmas break:

- late night road trips :)
- festive socks
- Strangebrew Coffeehouse
- Umi
- Megan coming home
- time with family
- hunting
- Realtree Roadtrips 6 & 7 :)
- Rockband with former classmates
- reminiscing
- (ashamed to admit it, but..) Lifetime Movie Network with Hollie & Anna until 3am
- new phone !!!!
- new movies
- dandy doodlez with my Aunt & cousins
- Local Culture
- ending a year & beginning a new one.


Happy New Year, again! 

Did you make resolutions? Do you have New Years Eve traditions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you included Lifetime in your highlights of Christmas!! :)

Anonymous said...

Stupid blogger. I made the last comment! love you!
-Hollie