Sunday, November 16, 2008

there's gotta be somebody for me.

why is it that i'm left with an empty feeling.

You should know, but you don't, and i see that as my fault.
Why? I'll never know, but i blame myself.

Is it okay not to care this week? ...good, because i don't.

Please keep Drew Blackwells family in your
thoughts & prayers.
Mr Drew was a loving father of 3 children and
a husband to an amazing musician. Not only will
he be missed by them, but he'll be missed by the
entire community.

I remember a few months back, I had gone to see
Meg perform at his church. Of course, Mrs. Martha
was the pianist at this "show" and he was a little late
getting there, as was i. I was standing in the foyer of
the church, peeking through the crack of the door.
All of a sudden, i hear a voice behind me, "There's seats
on the balcony." It was Mr. Drew, i told him about how
i was running late, and i wasn't dressed properly for
the occasion, but i had to come see Meg, so he told me
to just go upstairs. He said i could go in, but i think he
knew that i was a little embarrassed of my attire.
He complimented our Honor Choir last year, and according
to Mrs. Martha, that's a big deal b/c she said he hardly
ever does that.

She needs your prayers, i can't imagine my life without
my daddy by my side. He gives me the best advice i could
ever ask for, i always know he's got my back, and i look
forward to the day that my arm is linked in his with the piano
playing that familiar song as i walk down the aisle in my white
dress. I can't imagine that moment without him.



In Memory of Drew Blackwell,
November 15, 2008.

No comments: