Monday, November 10, 2008

where do i start? lying on a blanket underneath the stars?

well, i've missed a few days. Sorry about that. Lets see... rehashing the last few days could be an issue.

Friday:
I have been attempting to get my drivers license renewed for a couple of months (since Aug 27, to be exact) and it just hasn't worked out, so FINALLY i decided to go today. Before i left town, Clint came by (it had been a week since i'd seen him!) & We talked for awhile, then he headed home, and i wasn't too far behind him headed to Louisville. Hollie went with me, we renewed my license and stopped by wal mart. I came home & showered.
Got lost. at the refuge! We thought we knew where we were, that was the sad thing about it. So, we wandered around, i got my truck dirty (it had just been cleaned a few weeks ago) and..that was about it! We ate at Trailboss before our adventure, and of course, it was amazing.

Saturday:
I woke up at 12:09! (Yikes!!) ..i got up, and left for a little while, went to get some lunch at about 2, and surprised Meg at her house. I stayed until about 4:15, and then i went back home. While i was getting lunch, Clint called. He asked if i wanted to hang out tonight, and i said suuure.
Later, Clint came by & we rode around. We met Harrison in the road & stopped to talk. He asked if we wanted to check the game cameras with him, but Clint was about to leave for Stark with Hadaway, so i agreed to go. Clint dropped me off soon after, and i headed to pick up Harrison.
We had fun!!! Saw lots of deer, and had a good talk or two. I then went with Megan & Hollie riding. We stayed out til about 12, and i went home.

Sunday:
Church. I went to church at my church, and then church at FBC. After church, me & hollie ate lunch together at Parade, and then we had some family pictures made (woo-freakin-hoo) I'll try to post some up later. They'll be on a website, i think. Amy did a really good job.
Later, i went to dekalb for a visitation for Reid's grandfather (someone Clint also looked to as a grandfather). It was bittersweet. There was hardly any sadness in the room, the only hurt you could see was in people's eyes.
Mrs. Dudley, "He called me everyday from the nursing home, and everytime he'd call, he never hung up without saying 'i love you, i've always loved you, i don't love anyone else but you'. - -i knew that."
What a love, huh? He was 80? 83?.. I want a simple love like that, always giving & never asking back. When i'm in my final hour looking back, i hope i've had a simple love like that. (:

Monday:
suuuuuuuuuck. I freaking hate mondays like a cat hates water. YUCK!!!! Although, i did go hunting today. Bow hunting, and it was my first time. I'll go again, because it's fun!
I didn't kill anything, but that's okay. It's the calmness out there that makes me strive for another day of hunting. You can't find that calmness on Jefferson Street, or in the school hallway. The beauty of the afternoon is so captivating, i don't think a shutter on a camera could capture it all.

I should probably study.
44 days until blaaaaaaaackberry! (:

No comments: