Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day Seven!

Day Seven: favorite movies!

These are in no (real) order. I am a movie NERD! I love them!




my daddy & i went to see this in theatres on a school night while it was playing. I remember the day! It was cold, and we ate mexican afterwards while the mariachi played. I was so embarrassed when they came to the table and daddy requested a "soft" song. 
The movie was great. I felt like I was IN it!


WWII movies about concentration camps peek my interest. I guess I just have a hard time understanding how it REALLY was for those individuals, and this brings it to reality. The story is heart-breaking, but the plot is outstanding. People really went through this, and it's nothing that can be denied.


Although I stayed depressed for WEEKS after watching this entire movie, I love it. It tells a true story of love and the fight that comes along with it - especially in a long distance relationship. 


i had to throw this in here because i was never a "Snow White" or "Beauty and the Beast" child. I was "Fox and the Hound", "Lion King", with the exception of "Cinderella". This, though, is my all time favorite.


I adore this movie. That's all.

(please ignore this being a "soundtrack" photo)

this movie CRACKED me up! Hilarious. I love Steve Martin!


ohhh.... Josh..Hartnett...... Excuse me while I foam at the mouth. He is so handsome! To tell ya'll how much I love this movie: I want to name my child "Evalyn". Well, partially because I love the movie, and partially because I think it's a timeless name. Anyway, the reason behind loving this one goes back to the WWII statement I made earlier (despite the concentration camps).


I guess i'm entitled to love this one being that I have lived the life of this girl (in a funeral home). Ohh, she gave me inspiration to pranks on my friends =) I never lost a basketball in the embalming room, though. 


What girl doesn't like The Notebook?
I mean, really.


whew, this one is amazing. 
I've come to the conclusion that Rachel McAdams is my favorite actress.
I love her.


annnnd, my all time favorite football movie!!! 
I love any football movie!


last, but certainly NOT least! 
.."No one ever puts Baby in the corner." 
ahhh, Patrick....

*******************

My high school history teacher talked about how movies became so popular, and I had never really taken it into consideration until then. He told us that during the Depression, people would go to the movies to escape the world outside, to take their minds off of what was really happening, and to allow them some moments of ease. [Some] movies really can have that affect on a person. 

That's all for today. I didn't even get STARTED on my favorites. How is a person supposed to pick just one? Literally, those movies are ones I can watch over and over and over again! 

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I remember the day Coach Beall told us that. He put a question on the test about it too! :) Love all your movies.

Unknown said...

I can relate to a lot of you favorite movies! I grew up watching My Girl but you for sure have more of a reason to relate to the movie!!