Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge! Day: Two

DAY TWO: What is the meaning behind your blog name?

 I guess "technically" my blog name is a heart, but if you've been reading for awhile, you'd know that for the most of my "blog experimenting" it has been: 

"Foralways"

My best friend-boy and I used to come up with alternate words for "forever" when saying "I love you!" Once, I said "forever and always" and he came up with "foralways". The only other time i've ever seen this used was in a Nicholas Sparks Book that I read. It wasn't one word, it was spaced out into two. 

While he was in basic training in Parris Island, our letters never said "sincerely" or "talk to ya later" they were always signed "foralways... love" (and sometimes, of course "semper fi")


I was blogging way before the word had meaning to me, but I can't remember what I called my blog then! Ha! 

Now, it's just a heart, but I didn't change it for any specific reason. I just changed it because I wanted some change on my page. 
The quote under it speaks volumes to me. How many times have you not let someone know how much you truly cared for them? How many times do you look back years later & wish you HAD told them how much you loved them? I believe it leaves us a little hollow each time we don't mention to someone just what they mean to us - especially if you're not given another opportunity. It is a quote by Orlando Battista, a Canadian chemist and author. 
...................
Tomorrow's topic is "First Love", so it will be more detailed than today. As a matter of fact, many of the rest of the "topics" call for more detail! 

=) 



No comments: