Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day Sixteen!

Day Sixteen: Dream House....

Ohhh, I am excited about this post. I really haven't ever sat down & checked out floor plans for a house. I usually just see things and say, "ohh.. one day.. one day.." ha! So, this is my "off the top of my head" dream house. 

Please take *dream* to the fullest extent possible because unless I marry a brain surgeon or a gold minor,  this will be highly impossible! 

Enjoy! And I really have been loving ya'lls comments lately!
Specail shouts to the faithful ones:

-Mrs. Karen
-Stacey
-Hollie
-Laura 

Ok, back on track. . .



Love this layout. I am a sucker for a "wrap around" porch. I'm not crazy about the siding, but if it HAD to be green, then the roof would probably be tin. I really love a tin roof, too, but I don't forsee that looking decent on this house. Maybe just on the porch part? Oh, and over in that right corner there would be a swing. I love to swing. =)



this would be my view. That is a willow tree overlooking a lake. I want a willow (or 8) in my yard. They're so beautiful! Definitely my favorite tree. A pier would be nice too...with a gazebo. 

Skipping inside to the Master bedroom. I want it to be a deep red with furniture/doors the same as what's pictured. I want a wooden fireplace, though. I like the high ceilings with the beams. I love beams.


Kitchen area is also wide. I don't like to feel cramped. There is one problem with this kitchen (other than the random tin of flowers. What if your peas were burning and you were admiring your China collection -- clearly the "random tin of flowers" would be in the way of your mad dash) ..ahem, anyway! The window over the sink. Too small!


Ahhh... that's more like it. Except I would like for it to be set up a little higher than the countertops where I could put some pot plants in the seal. And my kids Chia Pets. 




Bathroom! Not sure I agree with the wood colors (i'm more of a mahogany or cherry wood person), but I like the layout. I would want the counters to stand on either side of the window shown below.



Have I mentioned that I want this house to be in the middle of no where so these windows would be okay ;) How neat would that be on a clear night with no street lights around? Can someone say STARS? Amen. 


Again, not sure about the colors, but we're just looking at layout. Love the top of the wall here. I would probably only want one set of french doors (leading out to my patio/goldfish oasis) And i wouldn't want ANY of that furniture...except for maybe... ah, nope. None of it. 


"Breakfast room" would be in the kitchen (so if you're looking at the kitchen photo, whoever took it was standing in my breakfast room) Sidenote: the "breakfast room" would also be the "lunch" room and "supper" room. There ya have it! Saved ya'll three photos of tables and chairs!
I'm sure a "formal" dining room would be part of the deal as well, but I grew up without one, and none of us are emotionally harmed from it. ;)

Now.... on to.....


baby room! ..This would actually be a boys room. (of course it would NOT be pink, dur!) More than likely it would be a hunter green/earth green color above the wood)



Girls room. HOW PRECIOUS! Omg. I would never let her paint it. Ever. 
Hate that crib, but we'll get to that.


I mean, really? Look at that tree! 


I can't get over how stinkin' cute this is! Really love that chest of drawers, but I'm not so crazy about that side table. I would probably just put a tall (vintage, of course) lamp stand & a cushioned rocking chair in that corner. I am IN love with that mirror, though. Not kidding. Not even a little bit. This room is presh.



This would probably be the crib for both munchkins. Maybe. It looks like it may blend with the boys room, but I love it anyway. It is so timeless.


Boys furniture. (see blending comment above)


Now, this caught my eye. If it really was my "dream house" I would have a room for myself. A room where I could paint, draw, write, read, chill... and more than likely it would be in that "curvy/dome" whatever that is in the middle of the house on the first photo. I would enjoy the windows being all the way around it. 
I love that vintage look. I could decorate my entire house that way, but if i was going to do that then I should just save some money and live in a school bus. Ha! I really do love this couch though. It's just unique.


annnd this, my friends, is my outside "oasis" complete with a goldfish pond. i would probably fill it with plants that didn't require a lot of attention and pottery like the piece that made the waterfall in the right corner. I would put a little wrought iron table & chairs out there, too. 


Now, I know that all those windows would mean a HIGH electric bill for heating & cooling...but, I wouldn't have to use a whole lot of lighting. =) There are pros & cons to these matters in life. 
I was dreaming big while "Googling" today. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

You had a fun time putting this one together! I found something in each picture I LOVED! Nothing wrong with dreaming BIG. P.S. I got a laugh, over the crib, you didn't like. That was my boy's exact crib! That's how style changes after 14 yrs. But, I've got it saved in the attic for grans one day. May have to spiffy it up alittle!

The Lindley Family said...

This is awesome! I expect an invitation one day!!! My mom had that same Jinny Lind crib when we were little and now it is up for the girls to sleep in - ha!

Hollie said...

I slept in that same crib you didn't like. I thought it was a timeless piece. Guess I'll have to rethink that one. LOVE the house. I better be the first on over! :)