Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day Twenty Five!


Day Twenty Five: What you've learned....

What I've learned? Uhh.. About what? 

Hm.

I've learned that after high school, LIFE GOES ON. It's hard to look back & see some friends of mine still in that stage of their life, but they don't know anything other than that. They haven't moved towards something new yet.  There is a 90% less drama around my life due to not being in high school. Things get easier, I promise!
I've learned to hold tight to the people you HONESTLY love, and sooner or later you'll figure out if keeping the grip is worth it. Those who matter will hold on just as tight to you, and those who don't will find their way elsewhere. 
I've learned that doing things for others makes you feel far better than doing something for yourself ever will. 
I've learned that love, in all of its definitions, is one thing. It is surrounding yourself by a totally imperfect person - yet seeing them perfectly through your eyes. It is not always wanting the better from someone, but seeing the best in someone. It is everlasting, steadfast, and true. It is whole, pure, and full of emotion. It is not a feeling to take lightly or disregard; it is worth suffering for. I've found that love is not just a great thing, but it is the GREATEST thing God gave us to enjoy here on earth. 
I've learned that everything will work out in its own time. It may not be now, tomorrow, or next week, but when it does work out - you will find yourself looking back thankful that it happened when it did.
I've learned that regrets are nothing but broken memories you wished you had handled differently, but what can you do about the past? You remember it only to teach yourself to learn from your regrets and to be proud of your accomplishments.
I've learned that you are going to come across people in your life who can't have no will to change, and you can't help them change. It is hard to believe in these people, and it is also hard to be civil; I am learning everyday that I should be more understanding of people like this. 
I've learned that following your dreams is the best advice someone can give you because if you're not fulfilling your dreams, what can make you happy? In your life there are ups and downs. Following your dreams (as crazy as some of them may seem) are never impossible. If you can dream it, you can do it. Do what makes you happy. Surround yourself by people who are encouraging, loving, and happy too. Do something for other people, not because you have to, but because you want to

Don't waste a day unhappy because tomorrow is never certain.

"Above all, love each other deeply because love covers a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is written by a young lady that has more wisdom than any young lady of this age that I know,for most of us it takes a lifetime to learn all written in this blog about life,and how to understand and treat others.
Thank you Julianna for sharing..

I love you
Mimi