Thursday, November 18, 2010

Our Last "Hoop-la!"


Today wrapped up classes for a week. 

I am so glad to be done for a little while.


Tonight we (Megan, Hollie, and I) decided to go out before we (or I) were apart from each other for a week. I can't tell you when the last time I hadn't seen them in a WEEK would've been. It shall be sad!

We went to our "local" (but not really) Hibachi grill, and it was wonderful. 
I'm not a steak eater, big shocker, I know, but I ordered it tonight, and I was pleased! I think my problem with steak is the texture, and most of the store bought ones are too thick and ..ugh.. for me. The Hibachi one was thin. I don't know, maybe i'm growing into more beef? I'm not sure, but I still can't stand hamburgers (for the most part, sometimes on rare occasions I'll eat one). Eh, take it back, I don't think my feelings for beef are growing. 

I'm a picky eater, and I get reminded quite often. 
Oops.

We also ordered some "sushi". I put " " because technically it isn't sushi. It's cooked, and then it's put into a sushi roll. It still has the seaweed and rice outer layer, but the meat is "crunchy" (or fried as we Southerner's say).

It looks SORT of like this:

yummmm.


Crunchy Shrimp Roll. The white meat inside is crab meat. 
Delish!
(and i'm afraid of the whole "raw meat" thing too, so all of you who have stereotyped sushi -- disregard.)

TOMORROW 
IS
THE
DAY
=)

1 comment:

Karen said...

No sushi for this girl! Have a greaaaaaaaaaat time. Expecting lots of pictures.
~K