Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day TWENTY!


Day Twenty: Before&After.

Well, I could do before & after's allll day. I will share two with you. One set will be a SOOTC (Straight Out Of The Camera) photo along with the one I edited. 
Then, I will show you how my room transformed from being "Hurricane Julianna" (has a Hurricane ever been named that? Hmm... Google.... Nope!) to clean ..or something along the lines of clean. Ahem.

Photo:
I haven't gotten into a whole lot of camera settings, but my friend, Ashia, has taught me a few things about "Aperature", and I find myself growing to love that setting more & more. (It is AKA: "AV" on Canon Rebels. Haven't checked out the abbreviation for other cameras.) So, saying that i'd also like to say, most of what I do with photos come from my editing software. I am also learning a lot about that. 
Main reason for that whole babbled paragraph: As I told one of my favorite ladies from my church today, Mrs. Karen, I have SO much to learn about the camera. I have a feeling I am misusing it in so many ways! I wish I knew everything about it. Ahh... 
Back to the topic.


I fell in love with this one right when the camera shuttered. I knew it would probably be my favorite of the session. The problem with this photo is that it does NO justice for the baby's amazingly blue eyes and his sweet soft skin. Also, the glow of the green in the backround isn't that vibrant. 


So, I:
 enhanced the eye, 
bumped up the darks & saturation, 
added a hint of contrast, 
put in a little (pushing a lot) of clarity
worked on the shadow tones,
and took out a little vibrance (because his lips were all ready fairly pink)

Ahh... His sweet little eyes... I die.

Hurricane Julianna:


it was


a


complete


DISASTER!
but....


I can actually


walk 


around now.



clean & smelling like, my favorite candle, Cupcakes - Yankee Candles. 

It's running out & i'm sad. 
What should I get next? 
Christmas Cookie?
I want a southern smell in my room. 
(southern smell...does that make sense?)


Also, Mom went to Hobby Lobby today & bought this coat hanger for me to use for my scarves. 
I had them in a drawer, but I couldn't see them all, so now I can just grab one on my way out. 
Thanks, Mom! You're too kind.


And, in case you were curious when you saw the chalkboard in other photos. I try to change it out with the seasons. Looks like I need to make a "Fall" one. 


ps:

I wish that all of you would ease over to The USO website to give a quick "Thank You" to the men & women serving our country. You have up to 500 characters, and it's for a good cause. It will only take a minute! =) Here's the site!

pss:

it's almost time for Christmas socks!


2 comments:

Karen said...

Julianna, what a precious little boy and you did a wonderful job capturing his personality. Loved looking around your place. :)
I'm humbled by your referring and linking.
Waiting for the next post.

Ferrell Boys Mom said...

I felt as if we were kindred spirits when I saw the before picture of your room. But like you, I can walk around mine now. . . or at least until the boys get loose on it again.
Love the picture of Parker. It is Parker, right? Loved the pictures of both the children. You are doing a great job with your photography. I may have to become a customer as well.